Homeschooling, farm life and our love of earth

"Everything that happens to you is your teacher. The secret is to learn to sit at the feet of your own life and be taught by it." ~Polly Berrien Berends

Sunday, 21 September 2008

Needle Felted Houdini Hippo

We are reading Houdini's Adventure. He was the young hippo bull who escaped from Rondevlei Nature reserve and went walkabout in the residential suburb of Zeekoevlei. Written by Nikki Berry who was part of the crew who eventually caught him and relocated him. It is a really great read and though they say "will intrigue all children from ages of 6-12" I find myself really enjoying it.

The animals [especially the birds] are illustrated well and the author has captured their personality well.

We also bought a children's bird of South Africa book, so we are learning all the birds at the same time. [my first book of Southern African Birds - SASOL - ISBN 978 1 77007 2831]




Yes I know, my picture is crappy again...

But this time I think it is my felting, I'm not sure why Houdini is so fluffy?

1 comment:

Linda said...

He is georgeous Carle'! Hope to see these on your Etsy soon...
What's the name of the bird book by the way?


View My Stats