Homeschooling, farm life and our love of earth

"Everything that happens to you is your teacher. The secret is to learn to sit at the feet of your own life and be taught by it." ~Polly Berrien Berends

Friday, 12 October 2007

Sodwana day 5


Whew time is flying by. we spent one night at Lindy and Pierre. [Lindy is my step-sister who lives in Mfolozi village] Then on to Sodwana to camp with my dad and Fay. Yesterday we just settled in and set up camp. BUT TODAY...well I started weaving my first basket!!! Hoorah!!!! It is so nice to do another form of weaving.... my work is not great but I am very proud...not bad for a amalunga [white person]. The zulus are very eager to teach and hardly charge. Of course I believe that every person is entitled to a just wage. I hope that with my consideration of them that they will continue to teach me tomorrow.

No comments:


View My Stats