Homeschooling, farm life and our love of earth

"Everything that happens to you is your teacher. The secret is to learn to sit at the feet of your own life and be taught by it." ~Polly Berrien Berends

Monday, 08 December 2008

Oh Christmas tree, Oh christmas tree... 2nd Advent

Thomas and I sewed up some Xmas tree decorations. We also added a fimo bead [made earlier in the year by him] to his green and blue sock. Thomas filled them with nuts.




I got an Advent gift! [how cool is that] Thank-you Seuz, it is so lovely and I feel to spoilt, when I opened the box I was really surprised that you would put so much effort into Knitting a gift for me. The sheep is also so cute and loaded with character. Gnomey still needs a name, any ideas?

[if you want to check out her other knitting, here is the addy http://downinthemeadow.blogspot.com/ . She has been knitting to open a on line store.]



We lit the two candles and enjoyed our little family.

mmm beeswax candles...

HAPPY ADVENT...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am in love with that gnome. I'm off to search for a pattern and begin knitting!

suzanne said...

Hi carle

Thank you for posting your gnome. I am knitting many to add to my shop. I just love gnomes. Have you read "the wonderful adventures of Nils" It is lovely. The boys would love it. It was one of my christmas holiday books I brought to read to the children. Happy gnome naming...
XX Suez


View My Stats