Homeschooling, farm life and our love of earth

"Everything that happens to you is your teacher. The secret is to learn to sit at the feet of your own life and be taught by it." ~Polly Berrien Berends

Monday, 23 August 2010

Twist street in the rain

This painting has a very special place in my heart. It hung above the dinning table when I was a little girl and I used to sit opposite it. I spent many a meal - I remember a steak egg and chips - looking at it and studying the hidden treasures in it.

It was very special to my dad and this has added to my appreciation of it. When my dad and step mom left South Africa, I was kindly given the opportunity to select items that I valued from their home. This was my first and most favourite item.

So it was wonderful to use this piece as my inspiration for the dyeing of The seasonal sock club - winter 2010

Here is the first sneek peek.

More pics to follow soon

xx
Carle

No comments:


View My Stats