Homeschooling, farm life and our love of earth

"Everything that happens to you is your teacher. The secret is to learn to sit at the feet of your own life and be taught by it." ~Polly Berrien Berends

Tuesday, 28 October 2008

Good use for a stinky weed!




We have tons of this on the farm and the smell turns me off, BUT the colour it yields is so pretty that I am willing to suffer in silence. [and I doubt the fish moth will ever attack it!]

The other skein is still on the exhaust bath, but I was so excited that I decided to blog this [still wet] one first! So please come back later to see the other skein!


These natural dyes are done as food for my soul and are not for sale. I have no idea of the colourfastness and will only be checking it in a few weeks time. After I have checked them, I will swap them for other Waldorfish Homeschool bits and bobs, so let me know if you are keen on any of the colours
:-)

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Absolutely gorgeous! A VERY good use for a stinky weed! ;)

Anonymous said...

What plant is it? It looks familiar...


View My Stats